Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tour of Johnstown, PA


Today we went on a whirl wind town of this snowy city. What a beautiful place with all the snow. We went to the inclined plane. Apparently, after the great flood of 1898, this incline was built to lift the upper management out of the valley to safety. Interesting facts about this plane.

We also went to the flood museum and learned about the three great floods in the valley of Johnstown. The latest flood happened in 1977. I bought book about this flood at the museum. Very, very interesting stuff.


We later went to the University of Pittsburg at Johnstown. My friend is a English professor there. The campus was pretty with all the snow. I will post some pics of our trip. Hope all is doing well... One more day till Turkey day.

3 comments:

Garden Man said...

Glad to meet you! Always looking for other gardening people to chat with, compare notes with and just plain talk to! I am going home for TG, but will be back in a couple of days and will check comments then. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Steve-O said...

Thanks for leaving your comment. You are my "First" blogger on my blog. I will always remember that.

I hope we can contiue to blog with one another and share our gardening tips. Love to garden.

Have a great turkey day and I hope to hear from you again.

Your new friend, Steven

Josh Brown said...

Thanks for the comment Stephen. Good luck with school, I got a degree in psychology, now I'm starting my masters in education... I love school loans! I see you work at starbucks, I live in Woodstock too, so maybe I'll see ya around. Take care!